Monday, July 14, 2014

Appleton, Wisconsin



This package arrived from Nikki in Appleton, Wisconsin.  Thanks for the cards Nikki.  Her note makes reference to cards sent by Elizabeth that I posted a couple of weeks ago.  In that post, I mentioned that it was the first time a girl (at least to my knowledge) had sent cards.  I also mentioned in that post, that I've never made any assertions, claims, or suggestions, that girls don't or shouldn't collect cards.

I have daughter who just turned four.  I am actively trying to push baseball cards on her.  So far the only ones she likes are Dee Gordon cards.  Last season at an Isotopes game we were sitting first row third base line, and Dee (playing short) unsuccessfully tried to chase down a high foul ball that landed in front of us.  He proceeded to pick it up and hand it to my daughter who now insists that they're "friends."

My point being, I think it's great that girls collect cards, and even better when they send me their Wallach cards.  The last thing this blog wants to be is discriminatory, or to perpetuate stereo-types.  Unless your a Georgetown fan.

Updated Totals:

1988 Topps AS: 371
1989 Donruss: 196
1989 Topps: 362
1990 Topps x5: 234
1991 Fleer x2: 76
1991 Score: 98
1991 Topps x2: 108
1991 Upper Deck CL x2: 93
1992 Donruss x2: 100

No comments:

Post a Comment