Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Go Figure


I'm mentioned in the issue of Sports Illustrated seen above that is currently available on news stands.  As a young kid I always figured I'd eventually be in a Sports Illustrated, be it for a World Series winning hit, a buzzer beater shot for Syracuse in the Final Four, or long field goal to win the Rose Bowl (yeah, I wanted to be a place kicker, and thought I was just killing time with soccer).  In any event, as a nine year old, I figured I had options.

Well, I finally made Sports Illustrated.  It's about as nominal a mention as you can have and still be in the magazine, but I made it, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super excited about it too.  This all thanks to a writer for the L.A. Times named Zach Helfand (@zhelfand) who wrote an article about this blog.  Once I receive a hard copy of that article I'll post pictures of it here.  I'm also waiting to post some pictures of the Albuquerque Journal which re-ran the article, but I feel it's only fair to wait for the L.A. Times and post that first.  However I don't mind letting SI skip the line given it's brevity.  Check it out:


8 comments:

  1. Congrats! Very cool. It'll be interesting to see if your "donations" see a spike thanks to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I thought you'd be under "Sign of the Apocalypse". Good stuff!

    I always thought I'd be in SI, too -- as a writer. That probably will never happen (due to the whole "never applying" thing), but SI isn't the same as it was when I had that dream anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally thought the same thing Night Owl said! He beat me to it!

    Congrats, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah I saw the LA Time article is was passes around on the Baseball TTM Autographs page on face book. http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-wallach-card-collector-20150920-story.html
    I linked it to your blog did you get a spike in site traffic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made it to the big time, Stack! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete